We are Uzbekistan Teachers of English Association (UzTEA) since 1996, although the efforts of our team members — prominent education specialists, teachers, researchers and just people with an infinite eagerness to help develop the way youngsters in Uzbekistan are educated — date back to the earlier period. This team started thinking about teacher training, their continuous professional development, curricula and materials development and many more other issues since Uzbekistan gained its independence. Contributing to the development of education, participating in reforming or establishing legislation for modern education standards, we see supporting educators in all their activity as our main goal.
Ensure quality Education by learning, teaching & transparent assessment!
Values & Mission
UzTEA – Uzbekistan Teachers of English Association – a national association of teachers advancing the quality of teaching through personal and professional development, research and team work. The Association aims to create conditions for the professional growth of English teachers, support and promote innovative projects and programs in the field of education.
To achieve these goals, the Association carries out the following tasks:
- improving the practice of teaching English in Uzbekistan and assisting in the development and implementation of educational and specialized projects and programs;
- formation of a professional communication environment for English teachers, as well as providing members of the association with the latest textbooks, reference books, manuals and methodological literature on teaching English;
- participation in network projects of other public associations and international projects in the field of education;
- creation of an information field for professional communication, assistance to the publishing of teachers’ developments, holding seminars and conferences, online forums and chats;
- Assistance in conducting research and analytical activities in the field of education and assistance in the creation and maintenance of websites and portals;
- Conducting competitions, including international ones;
- Establishing permanent contacts with other national and international organizations involved in teaching English and in the field of education;
- Creation of “interest groups” in various areas of teaching a foreign language;
- Creation and acquisition of various types of intellectual property;
- Development and implementation of research of English teachers based on the needs of the educational system.